Engineering Services Project Experience
UAS Communication System Consulting
Communication system test, evaluation, and RF propagation analysis (i.e., link budget) for U.S. Air Force customer on Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) application.
- Small UAS air-to-air communications CONOPS
- Evaluation and testing of commercial Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET) radio
- Provided link budget analysis and projected link distance and availability
Range Communication System Planning & Installation
RF signal propagation and site survey analysis, and installation of range tracking communication system at U.S. training ranges.
- Planned installation via RF signal propagation analysis using specialized software package with terrain modeling
- On-site installation of fixed ground and airborne platforms at remote training range locations
- Provided on-site training to range personnel in the use and installation of range tracking communication system
Third-Party RF Amplifier Evaluation & Repair
Evaluation, troubleshooting, and repair of high-power bidirectional amplifier modules without benefit of any technical drawings or documentation.
- Comprehensive evaluation and deep-dive analysis of the transmit and receive circuitry
- Successful repair validated through third-party testing
- Originally designated “beyond economical repair” by supplier, units were cost-effectively repaired and fielded
UHF Radio Production
Production of a NuWaves’ developed multi-function UHF radio transponder. The UHF radio provides an RF communication link for the transmission of Time Space Position Information (TSPI) for a Tactical Training Range (TTR) system.
- 100 Watts RF Output Power
- UHF Frequency Band
- Four CCAs: Receiver, Transmitter, Power Supply, Digital/Logic